Spectacular Space: At-Home Activity
Stargazing as a family can be a lot of fun, below are some helpful tips, along with a list of items to bring with you:
- You need time and patience; if you have a hard time locating objects in the sky, imagine how hard it can be for a young child. The most important thing that you can do for your child is to help them to appreciate the beauty of the night sky and to help them become children who look up and wonder.
- Establish a comfortable environment; the best way to ensure a positive experience for you and your child is to provide a relaxing and cozy setting. Have a blanket to lie down on or reclining beach-style chairs to relax in.
- Have with you any materials that you might need; a planisphere, a flashlight, guidebooks, etc.
- Bring snacks; snacks are a great thing to have for children if they start to get bored
- Bring something else to do as background activities; bring along a stargazing diary, listen to music, read some astronomy books, etc.