March Reading List
Reading at home is a very important part of a child’s development. Not only do we read to students in the classroom, but at Little Sunshine’s Playhouse & Preschool we also encourage parents to read to their children at home. It creates a connection between the home and school and allows students the opportunity to practice new reading skills. As a Reggio Emilia school, we ensure monthly book selections are age appropriate.
Read these 5 easy tips that can help make home reading more effective: Read More.
Here is March’s suggested reading list to go along with Little Sunshine’s monthly curriculum theme, Mountains and Forests. Search for these books on Amazon and other sites that sell children’s books.
- About Habitats: Mountains | Authors: Cathryn Sill and John Sill
- Annie and the Wild Animals | Author: Jan Brett
- Bailey Goes Camping | Author: Kevin Henkes
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See| Authors: Bill Martin Jr. and Eric Carle
- Curious George Goes Camping | Authors: Margaret Rey and Alan J. Shalleck
- Forest Bright, Forest Night | Authors: Jennifer Ward and Jamichael Henterly
- Just Me and My Dad | Author: Mercer Mayer
- Leaf Man | Author: Lois Ehlert
- Mountains | Author: Cassie Mayer
- Nuts to You | Author: Lois Ehlert
- Over in the Forest Come Take a Peek | Author: Marianne Bekes
- Oswald’s Camping Trip | Author: Dan Yaccarino
- Owl Babies | Author: Martin Waddell
- S Is for S’mores: A Camping Alphabet | Authors: Helen Foster James and Lita Judge
- Tell Me, Tree | Author: Gail Gibbons
- The Leaves on the Trees | Authors: Thom Wiley and Andrew Day
- Tiny Goes Camping | Authors: Cari Meister and Rich Davis
- When Peter Was Lost in the Forest | Author: Hans Peterson
- Whose Tracks Are These? A Clue Book of Familiar Forest Animals | Authors: James Nail and Hyla Skudder