Little Sunshine’s Playhouse ® Prioritizes Preschool Security with Keypad Door Entry & Other Measures
Like all parents, you need reassurance that your child is safe at preschool. Building security plays a big role in creating a safe environment where children can learn, play and grow.
Key principles of preschool security include ensuring that only authorized persons have contact with children, controlling access to preschool facilities and maintaining secure check-in and check-out policies.
Little Sunshine’s Playhouse & Preschool® has implemented stringent security measures since the day our first school opened in 2002. Here are some of the ways we keep your children safe and secure at preschool:
- Double secured entry. A keypad entry system is considered the most secure option for controlling access to a preschool. At Little Sunshine’s Playhouse®, families and other authorized persons must enter a code on a numeric keypad to enter the building. A second code must be entered to move from lobby to classrooms.
- Child release policies strictly enforced.
- Background checks. Federal Law requires states to conduct background checks for all preschool or daycare employees. Little Sunshine’s Playhouse® maintains background checks on file for every employee and every enrichment teacher allowed on school premises.
- Strict no-visitor and no-solicitation policy. The only people allowed in facilities are parents, authorized pickups, employees and authorized enrichment instructors.
- Little Sunshine’s Playhouse® holds monthly intruder drills so that teachers and students are prepared in case of emergency.
At Little Sunshine’s Playhouse®, your child’s safety is as important to us as it is to you. Contact the location nearest you to learn more about security and safety policies at all of our preschools.