November is Giving Back Month
Little Sunshine’s November curriculum theme is Giving Back. Before bedtime or at the dinner table would be good times to discuss with children what they are grateful for. Also, November is a great time to give back to your community. We’ve compiled a list of 5 things you can do as a family to give back to your neighbors and community.
- Volunteer at a local food shelter, working together to set tables, serve beverages, and clean up.
- Ask someone in your neighborhood if you can rake the leaves in their yard, or deliver a small house plant to someone who is ill.
- Participate in a local clothing or food drive, or volunteer to deliver Meals on Wheels.
- Draw or color a picture and deliver it to an elderly family member or someone in a nursing home.
- Make some no-sew dog toys for animals in shelters using inexpensive fleece remnants or old torn jeans. Use old blankets, pillows, or fabric remnants to make pet beds for shelters. Ask if you can volunteer to walk dogs. Raise funds to buy food, litter, and other items the shelter needs. Consider adopting a rescue animal. There are rescue organizations for all sorts of companions, from horses to hamsters.