February Reading List
Not only do we read to students in the classroom, but at Little Sunshine’s Playhouse & Preschool we also encourage parents to read to their children at home. As a Reggio Emilia school, we ensure book selections are age appropriate. We encourage you to ask questions before, after and during the book to help your children understand what they are hearing. You can help bring books to life and make reading fun by having your children play a character or act out the plot.
Check out “10 Benefits that Highlight the Importance of Reading to Young Children“. We couldn’t have said it better ourselves.
Here is February’s suggested reading list to go along with Little Sunshine’s monthly curriculum theme, Heart Healthy Lifestyle. Search Amazon and other sites that sell children’s books.
• Candy Kid and his Adventures (Start Eating Healthy Food) | Authors: Danny Calderon and Arnel Millos
• Cook It! | Author: George Birkett
• Cooking with the Cat in the Hat | Authors: Bonnie Worth and Christopher Moroney
• Eating the Alphabet | Author: Lois Ehlert
• Eating Well Just Like Me| Author: Jess Stockham
• From Head to Toe (Board Book) | Author: Eric Carle
• Germs Are Not for Sharing (Board Book) | Authors: Elizabeth Verdick and Marieka Heinlen
• Goodnight Moon | Author: Margaret Wise Brown
• Gregory, the Terrible Eater | Authors: Mitchell Sharmat, Jose Aruego and Ariane Dewey
• My Own Human Body | Authors: Giovanni Caviezel and Cristina Mesturini
• My Very First Book of Food | Author: Eric Carle
• Showdown at The Food Pyramid | Author: Rex Barron
• The Going-To-Bed Book | Author: Sandra Boynton
• The Very Hungry Caterpillar | Author: Eric Carle
• You Are Healthy | Author: Todd Snow
• My Amazing Body – A First Look at Health & Fitness | Author: Pat Thomas